When you want to keep your vehicle in top shape, routine maintenance is important. Our KIA dealer in Florence KY encourages you to keep an eye on the components of your vehicle to make sure everything is running smoothly.
Definitely pay close attention to your battery, as you could become stranded if you lose power! After all, the battery provides the necessary current for the starter motor and ignition, all while cranking to start the engine. When it's not operational, your car, truck, van or SUV won't go anywhere!
At Jake Sweeney KIA, we recommend replacing a battery that's over three years old. Batteries don't always give warning signs when they fail, so even if your battery isn't that old, it's smart to check that the connections are clean, tight, and free of corrosion.
If you're looking for peace of mind, call (859) 938-2020 to schedule a battery check!
- Head north on Main St toward Christian Rd
- Turn left onto Girard St
- Turn left onto KY-18 W/Burlington Pike
- Turn right onto Centennial Cir
- Jake Sweeney Kia will be on the left
"The sales and service department did an outstanding job repairing my 2006 Kia Sedona van. When the warranty would not cover anything they took it upon themselves to take care of the problem. Jessie of the sales dept. took total control and made sure everything was taken care of. Tony Darpel from service dept was also in control of all of the service that took place. Mary also from service was also very helpful in everything that took place. Last but not least the owner Coby Sweeney. Thank you to all involved for everything that was done to help us." - DealerRater.com Review
" If you are looking for great vehicle inventory, outstanding customer service, and ultimate competitive pricing check our Kia in Florence, KY and ask for DANNY!!!" - DealerRater.com Review
How to Jump Start a Car
If you find yourself in a situation with a failed battery, it's time to break out those jumper cables.
- Find a vehicle to help you with the jump
- Make sure that both cars are in "park" or "neutral" with their ignitions shut off and emergency brakes on
- Remove the caps from each vehicle's battery and connect the cables
- Attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal on your battery and attach the other red clip to the positive terminal on the other vehicle's battery
- Attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal on the other car's battery and attach the other black clip to an unpainted, metal surface on your car - make sure that it isn't near the carburetor or the battery
starting your vehicle
You'll feel an immense sense of relief if the jump works, but if not, it's time to purchase a new battery.
The experts at our KIA service center in Florence KY are well-suited to install the new battery in your vehicle. To learn more about your model's battery or to schedule service with us, visit Jake Sweeney KIA or give us a call at (859) 938-2020.